Patrick Witty covered the recent refugee crisis from Greece for Buzzfeed News with an iPhone.
Your websites are yours and you can feel free to change them as you will.
I should have said something sooner, but if you can fill out the SETE for the class before Sunday I would appreciate it.
Adding an audio track is relatively easy in PS. The key is making sure you have the right audio format. For some reason, .mp3 files are troublesome, so it is best to work with .wav files. I would also suggest working with Adobe’s Audition if you are wanting to edit a file together.
This is an example of two different files in Audition. You can see that that sample rates (Hz numbers) are different but their bit depth matches at 24. PS likes audio files that are in the wave format with a sample rate of 48000 Hz and a bit depth of 24.
It is easy to convert the file to the needed requirements. Go to the Edit Menu and choose Convert Sample Type. This then brings up another window where you choose the settings you want.
When you have it converted to what you want, then do a Save As and choose .wav. You will then be able to easily add your audio track to PS.
This is what I expect on the websites December 1.
- Custom URL
- You photographic series in a gallery with 15-20 images and a statement of 150-250 words
- Your final video embedded with a statement of 150-250 words
- An about page with a short bio and a resume/CV
- Contact information, this can be listed on the about page
- This is all that I want on the site, after December 6 feel free to make any change you want in terms of the content.
Writing an about page can seem like a difficult proposition at times. One thing that can help is thinking about what the goal of your website is. Are you trying to connect with a specific audience? Knowing this could help you focus what it is you want to write. In terms of this class, think about trying to introduce yourself to someone who does not know you. What do you want them to know about you?
If your contact information is just an email address, you could list that on the about page along with a link to a current resume/CV. You want to make it easy for those who might want to contact you to do so with as few clicks as possible.
Here are a few different examples of About Pages:
You need to have a 10 image edit of your photographic series posted on your blog. You also need to have an idea of how many pictures your final series will be. The goal is 20 pictures.
I will be meeting with everyone individually discussing this series, the website and the ideas for the final video project.
As a reminder your final websites are due on Dec. 1. This means we have 4 class meetings left. So we need to accomplish as much as we can in the short time remaining.
- Monday 11/17 will be a final website check in class.
- Wednesday 11/19 will be an in progress check on your final video (worth 15 points of final grade)
- Monday 11/24 will be a final check on the photographic series and you will have a chance to get any last minute questions answered.
- Wednesday 11/26 Work Day
- Monday 12/1 Final websites, photo series and videos presented to the class